*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Saturday, July 31, 2010

A TALE OF TWO BARS // THURSDAY NIGHT AT MICHAEL STEVENSON AND AT THE BLANK






























Aweh my Skattie,in case you can't tell just by reading the title or looking at the images, Thursday night was a kak hot night for me. My heartfelt fondness for alcoholic beverages is no secret, i like to drink. A lot. So when the opportunity came up to check out picture shows at two of my favourite bars in one night, well you can imagine the alcoholic jubilation, i took the thirteenth step and headed straight for the bar. I started at the Michael Stevenson Bar which was a little full, I hate generalizing, but seriously, Everybody was there. The booze offering was a little narrow though, house red, house white, castle and windhoek light, who the fuck drinks windhoek light? I think they might be having trouble with their liquor license because they called last rounds a little early, so i moved on to the blank bar across the road,which opened way into the night, Jonathan obviously bought the better liquor license. I must say I preffered his booze offering, wine,windhoek (not light) and black label beer(a.k.a. mother's milk). All in all my skattie i had an amazing night, drank to my heart's content, even checked out the picture shows. Of the pictures, i asked my friend Carl Collison who sometimes moonlights as an art critic for his opinion and he said, "Pieter Hugo is objectifying and offensive, Dineo is confusing, and that was kak art at the blank gallery". Anyway, i guess everyone is allowed their opinion and fortunately for me i'm not an art critic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails