*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SKATTIE DOES SOCIETY // PARTYING IT UP AT PENTHOUSE SUITE ONE @ THE ONE AND ONLY








































Firstly, about the venue: Okay, a bit of background. The ABCs, I think I can safely  assume you know what the One & Only is, and then of course you should also know who Sol Kerzner is. Now, on top of his One & Only hotel, Mr Kerzner has built 3 Penthouses, worth around a R100 million each, I spent Monday evening in Penthouse 1. Now Skattie I’m not gonna go on and on about it, seriously, it’s a R100million rand penthouse on top of the One & Only, of course it’s bloody fabulous, cherry on top btw, Mr Kerzner himself was in attendance.

This one has been a little bit tricky for me, I posted these pics in the early hours of Tuesday morning after I got back from the event, and I promised a write-up the following day, it’s almost three days later and I’m only getting to it now. It’s not that I have had the time, I just did not know where to start. It’s a tricky one because of the combination of images, on the one hand there is Lindiwe Suttle whose style I am a big fan of, this woman never misses a beat when it comes to style, no seriously, never!!! This night was no different, and to top it all off she gave what was the most energetic performance of hers I have ever seen, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if you are not familiar with her music, style or performances, you need to start educating yourself. To help kickstart that education click here to see my previous post on her and then again here for her contribution to the blog.  There were some other stylish people, and then there was the bling crowd for whom diamonds or diamante offer an answer to every fashion question (I look rich, of course I’m stylish). And then there was the whole venue thing. Grand displays of wealth can be rather seductive, and can mess with one’s senses when trying to separate the stylish from the un. The pictures are here, make your own decisions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails