*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Friday, July 9, 2010

IF AT FIRST YOU DON’T SUCCEED, TRY AGAIN // MY 3RD & MOST SUCCESSFUL ATTEMPT @ FINDING INTERESTING PERSONAL STYLE AMONGST THEATRE-GOERS







Two nights in a row, I am definitely getting my fair share of theatre this week, thanks to my very good friend, the theatre diva Faniswa Yisa, and skattie the diva thing is not just me exaggerating, nor am I the first to write that about her, just about every piece she has performed in over the last few years has gone on to win multiple awards. I’ve given you the introduction, I’ve done my bit in the fight against ignorance, now run with it, google her. Btw, she is the one in the purple dress in this post and in the ink jacket with the pink purse in the post below. Anyway, Fani called me up, and made sure I got my fill of theatre over the last two nights. Tonight’s show is called Ezethu, a show about Indigenous Xhosa Ceremonial Songs and Dance, it is bloody fantastic, full on energy and just so so……just go see it for yourself Skattie. A special bonus for me was that it was co-directed by Mandla Mbothwe and I am a huge fan of his work and the visually arresting multimedia techniques he always brings to the stage. There is always something visceral about his plays, to the point where even if you do not understand the language, you would still get it. Whoa! Listen to me, going all theatre authority on you, askies Skat, when I see work that touches me I sommer just get so carried away. Back to the style, ja hey, compare it to my two other theatre posts and I think we can safely say ‘well done’ to these theatre-goers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails