*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

TUESDAY /// LEVIS LAUNCH AND AN UNRELATED RANT ABOUT BEYONCE AND MADGE

Tonight I went to check out a Levi's launch at Truth, i think for their upcoming range and all the goodies/thinking/fabric development that went into it. Looked very cool. I wasn't really invited, it was one of my gatecrashing vibes so i don't have the press kit, so excuse me if I'm a bit fuzzy on the details. These pics are from that event. Anyway, as I'm writing this I'm watching one of my favourite documentaries, In Bed With Madonna. Indulge me and let me ramble on about it a bit. I had to watch it again because last night I watched King Beyonce's new doccie Life Is But a Dream. I didn't really enjoy it much, so I'm watching this to try do a bit of comparison. Now please all you Yonce stans, stay the fuck back, don't attack. I am a big fan of Bey, not so much her music, but her. She totally rocks and in a way has redefined what it means to be a star for our times. However, that documentary totally didn't reveal anything new, fuck that it had absolutely no narrative and it read like an extended Beyonce video. One thing i've always loved about In Bed with... is that calculated as it is, it's still kinda raw and it brought through a lot of Madonna's nasty, her hunger and a bit of the self absorbed bitch for whom absolutely everybody around her is a pawn in her bigger fame game. I always feel like a lot of people that make it as major stars nowadays are a bit more conservative, kinda safe, careful not to offend anyone. Probably why i hold a candle for LiLo, or love the image of Nina Simone's boozy troubles and shooting off her rifle at neighbourhood kids, or why I glorify the Brenda Fassies of this world. Maybe I'm just out of touch. Maybe I'm missing the point, maybe Beyonce truly is the most perfect, nicest, most genuine super star ever, and she really doesn't have an unbalanced fame hungry-at-all-costs persona deep inside, and I'm probably a sad out of touch misogynist fag looking for a vicious bitch in the women I idolize. On the other hand, none of us really know these famous Americans and we spend a ridiculously disproportionate amount of time stressing about the details of their lives anyway.  
p.s. my ex UB is the biggest Bey fan ever and will hate me for saying anything negative about his queen, so UB please don't get angry and don't diss me on the internet cause you know ur mama taught u better than that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails