*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Thursday, December 30, 2010

A NIGHT OUT IN EAST LONDON IN SEARCH OF THAT ELUSIVE SKATTIELISCIOUSNESS //// AND A GOOD OLD WEIGHT & ALCOHOL ISSUES PITY PARTY, YET AGAIN.


I'm not one for new year's resolutions and all that. i believe that when people want to do shit, they do shit regardless of the calendar, but it is the season and i am sitting at home (my parent's house), bored as fuck and i find myself contemplating the year ahead whilst fighting the urge to reach into my bag and grab that damn vodka bottle.....speaking of vodka, that damn alcohol, must get that shit under control this year. I'm telling you skat, i can barely remember half the shit that happens around me when i party. were it not for my camera i wouldn't remember most of the people i meet and have great drunken chats with. It's not a cry for help skat, i'm just sayin. So please don't feel a need to intervene just yet. Anyway, besides the fading memory, i'm more stressed about the fucking calorie content in booze and my rapidly expanding waistline. Don't get me wrong, it's not like i've never been fat before. Infact i've been fat so many times i used to divide it into 3 different stages. there's the fat stage, the obese stage and then there's what i call "the condition", a.k.a morbidly obese, and morbid is what i felt a week ago looking into the three-way mirror of a fitting room at a popular dept store. Actually i might as well come out with it, i weighed myself this morning and for the first time in my life i weigh 99kg, last time i liked my bod i weighed 74kg, 25kilograms ago skattie. What the fuck skat? Who does that to themselves? like i said i have been fat before, but "the condition"? Never until now. A kilo away from a 3-digit weight measurement, i swear i'd jump off a bridge if i didn't think i'd just bounce back up. To make matters worse, it's been so long since i've worn the kind of clothes i like, coz they really don't make those for men of my size. In fact i have worn more than my fair share of caftans this year, coz skattie when the going gets fat, the fat get caftans. Afro-centric fashion gear is great and all but skattie some days i just want that fucking euro-centric slim fit shirt dammit. Fuckit, where's that goddamn vodka?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails