*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Friday, November 30, 2012

WED/THURS: OF ART, CRIME, FASHION, GONGS AND BREEDERS

It’s been a bit of a busy week in Cape Town. As some of you might know, this week is Art Week, which means that there are openings at various galleries every night. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to attend as many as I would have loved to, because last week after the Kartell party some opportunistic cuntfucks of the criminal variety tried to hijack my car. Long story short, they got away with my car keys dumb fucks, and I didn’t have a spare so I have to wait a whole week for a new one. So I haven’t been able to get around as much as I’d like to, but I did manage to get to the events below, starting with openings on Wednesday night at Brundyn and Gonsalves, and the SA National Art Gallery


I couldn’t stay long at the galleries though because I had to rush to my favourite new thing, gong meditation. Now don’t fucking judge, I’m not turning into a complete hippie, but this is the shit and I gotta thank my friend Lindiwe for introducing me to it. You basically lie down for an hour in a class with other peeps whilst the class ‘teacher’ bangs on this gong that makes the most amazing healing sounds and vibrations and you just like meditate on the gong. I know how it sounds skat, I’m fucking laughing out loud as I’m writing it, but it is fucking amazing, last night’s gong was especially emosh, people were crying and shit, even I felt a little teary eyed by the end of it. But you know, there’s so much shit running through our heads all the time, it’s kinda nice to have an hour set aside to lie down, shut down and let the gong take you places. So basically the class happens when there’s a new moon or full moon. Full moon gong and new moon gong. Check their website if you interested, the next full moon should be 13th Dec and ja we’ll be there gonging the fuck out. Oh and it also helps that they have the most awesome range of vintage dresses, like really nice, and immediately after being all spiritual you can pull out your plastic and get back on that superficial level while feeling super calm. I shit you not.

OUR CLASS BEFORE IT FILLED UP:



THE BELOW IMAGE IS TOTES INTERNET SOURCED TO ILLUSTRATE. MY ACTUAL
 CLASS DRESSES FOR THE GONG

THURSDAY
So Thurs started off in Woodstock with a couple of openings, at the Stevenson and at Blank, unfortunately we simply couldn’t make it to the rest because everybody’s favourite leather accessories designer brand Missibaba had an end of year gathering for friends and missing that was really not an option, even if only to look at their bags and covet.

After that it was time to head off to Clifton for the Guess show, I must confess this one was a bit tricky at first, the crowd was just so straight, like just not queer. I mean not like in the literal gay/str8 way. A party can have a totally breeder crowd with waitresses who moonlight as midwives and still be queer, but this began in a very straight way. My friend Fumi got all claustro and had to leave immediately, naturally I’m much more tolerant, a gas mask and latex gloves for protection and I’m good to go. It got much better later though, it turns out that queer crowd I love so much had started at the other big party of the evening which I didn’t make it to. They said it was a bit shit, so they all came streaming into the Guess party a little more than fashionably late, but atleast they came, things got queer, I got happy, we pointed and laughed like villains at husband-hunters in bodycon dresses.





2 comments:

  1. Love you Mali ..."we pointed and laughed like villains at husband-hunters in bodycon dresses" xxx Lea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails