*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

CHRISTOPHER STRONG STORE OPENING


....AND LATER FOR DINNER AFTER THE LAUNCH


It's 3.30am in the morning, i'm as sleepy as fuck and i need to wake up in about 3 1/2 hours for work. and yet here i am posting away, drinking wine and listening to the the 'Dead Can Dance'. Not my choice really, i'm more of a top 40 kinda guy, but Athi has a thing for shit that's headed towards obscurity, so i listen. Anyway, i haven't posted much in the last few days. I've been out a lot and i've taken shitloads of pics from amazing get-togethers but i honestly have not had the energy. Blame it on Dezemba. I'll post some stuff from the weekend a little later in the week. But tonight i went to check out the Christopher Strong store opening at the top of long street and i just couldn't resist sharing the pics. If I was a slightly cleverer or more together person i would have gone straight to sleep and dealt with these pics tomorrow. At first I wanted to call this post Christopher Strong: Why I hate Michael and Elaine, Why I love Michael and Elaine. I'll tell explain why. Elaine and Michael are the masterminds behind the Christopher Strong brand. Reason no. 1 for hating them: They are fabulously talented and they create exquisite and tasteful garments that have gained a rather dedicated following in Jozi and in CT, and tonight they put together a lovely event that attracted some of my favourite beautiful people. Reason No 2; After the launch they introduced me to what is possibly the most amazing and coolest restaurant/gourmet burger joint in CT (check the pics above). Seriously skat, the place has only 3 tables and it opens only between 5pm and 10pm. the owner in the only guy behind the counter/stove and the place is called 'The Dog's Bollocks'. I mean really, is being talented and successful not enough? Must you also know the coolest spots in town? Reason 3. The last and most important reason I hate them is that these two are the nicest and most down to earth people  i have met recently. Nice, talented, successful, modernist, cool as ice, and super grounded. What's not to hate skattie?...oh and rumour has it that they'll be  launching a menswear line in Feb next year. I'll buy a piece of course (the cheapest one naturally), but i'll hate them for it, just like i hate them for giving me such a solid reason to stay up so late.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails