*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Saturday, April 28, 2012

SNIPPETS FROM DAY 1 /// SKATTIE DOES HYERES 2012

THE YOUNG DESIGNERS PRESENT AND EXPLAIN THE RANGES TO THE PRESS










THEN WE PICNIC ON A ROOFTOP TERRACE AT THE VILLA NOAILLES WITH THE DESIGNERS, MEMBERR OF THE FASHION PRESS, THE JURY AND JURY PRESIDENT YOHJI YAMAMOTO






AND LATER AT THE EXHIBITION OPENINGS






Skattie it goes without saying, but i'll say it anyway, I am having an absolute blast here at Hyeres. So far I've been to see the young designers present their stuff to the fashion press as per the pics above, and the off to a picnic on a rooftop terrace at the Villa Noailles where the festival is being held and now i am chilling (and there is a lot of chilling being done here), doing what I do best, drinking. After spending Friday walking everywhere because there are so few taxis, I eventually decided to hire a scooter which I must say ia totally making my time here. thankfully so far the French have turned out not to be as I've been told, quite the opposite actually, even the ones who do not speak a word of english (and there are many, espescially here in the south) are kind enough to draw me little maps for directions, well except that rude bitch of a taxi driver who sighed and threw his hands up in the air when he found out i couldn't speak french but he managed to speak enough english to shout out "I don't speak english hey!", thankfully he spoke Euros and he took me where I needed to be, which was the scooter hire place. At first I thought it might be tricky learning to ride on the "wrong" side of the road, thankfully after a few drinks it was a breeze (the drinks were recommended by the scooter hire people, s'true!)

Disclaimer: I am in a hurry, I have not had a chance to double check this post for spelling and grammar, so for today please just deal. Dankie skat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails