*

*

*

JOIN Skattie, what are you wearing?'s FACEBOOK FRIENDS

Thursday, June 21, 2012

SOME OF MY FAVOURITE MOMENTS FROM THE ELIZABETH GALLOWAY FASHION DESIGN ACADEMY GRADUATE SHOW




















So last night I went to check out the student shows at Elizabeth Galloway in Stellenbosch, i took loads of pics obviously. I will publish those later, but here is a quick photo summary of some of my favorite moments. Cool, now please indulge me and let me be a little preachy, and possibly a little self-righteous. Over the last few weeks I have been interviewing designers for the skattieTV video series, some starting out, some more established but all young. One theme that has come through is the lack of support. Not only from the buying public but also from the industry, government and corporates. Yes there is a certain amount, but just not enough. I truly believe that it starts here, with people and magazines attending the student shows and showing support for young designers at this early stage, identifying, celebrating and nurturing the talent. I think eventually we all want a fashion industry that does a little more leading and a little less following, and that comes from a certain level of support. It's scary how many talented students that come out of fashion schools struggle to stay in fashion and chase their dreams afterwards. Okay, i'll stop there with the preaching before you stop reading, but this is a conversation we must continue at some point. Enjoy the pics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails